Jeff Yalden is proud to be listed by state departments of education, health and human services, , state health departments, education departments, school districts, school communities, and statewide foundations and non-profits as a recommended youth suicide prevention program and speaker for teens, teachers, and educational staff personnel.
Jeff Yalden understands the value of evidence based training when it comes to choosing a youth suicide prevention program school for K-12 teachers, staff, students, parents and communities. Many states, districts, and schools looking to improve school climate and increase confidence and preparedness to have conversations about suicide have chosen and recommended Jeff Yalden as a program of success and a speaker for teens, staff in-service suicide prevention training, and a speaker for parents and community members.
Jeff has experience working with school communities for multiple days being proactive to prevent a suicide, and working after a school community has experienced a teen suicide and with communities experiencing a suicide contagion. Visit www.JeffYalden.com for a list of school districts that have hired Jeff Yalden for their community and students.
Below is a comprehensive list of approved prevention plans, reports, toolkits, approved training tools, and other resources that should also consider Jeff Yalden and The Jeff Yalden Foundation as a youth suicide prevention program resource for schools and other settings. Some states recommend Jeff Yalden Suicide Prevention as a way to fulfill a state training mandate on suicide prevention. Give Jeff Yalden a call at 800-948-9289 for suicide prevention training at your school district and community. Jeff directly relates to teens, teachers and staff, parents and community members.
See if your state is on the list below. Are we missing your state website? Let us know at Jeff@JeffYalden.com.
If you are interested in a Jeff Yalden Suicide Prevention Programs and Youth Suicide Prevention Program for K-12 or higher education, contact us directly at www.JeffYalden.com.
- Alaska: Suicide Prevention page and 2012-2017 Suicide Prevention Plan
- Arizona: Arizona State Health Assessment and Director’s Blog
- Arkansas: Suicide Prevention Programs Promoted by and/or Implemented by Arkansas Department of Health
- California: Youth Suicide Prevention, Toolkit for Mental Health Promotion and Suicide Prevention
- Colorado: Colorado School Safety Resource Center Resources for Youth Suicide Prevention and Intervention, Suicide Prevention Resources for Primary Care Providers
- Connecticut: Connecticut Youth Suicide Prevention Initiative Final Report, Connecticut State Department of Children and Families
- Florida: Florida Department of Education Approved Inservice Training
- Georgia: Evidence-Based Suicide Prevention Programs for School Systems
- Hawaii: Project HI Aware & School Climate Transformation Help & Support
- Idaho: Rural Mental Health and Substance Abuse Toolkit
- Indiana: Suicide Prevention and Intervention Training Program Requirements for New Teacher Licensure
- Iowa: Iowa’s Suicide Prevention Efforts: A Legislative Report
- Kansas: Kansas Suicide Prevention Plan
- Louisiana: Online Trainings in Suicide Assessment, Intervention, Treatment and Management as per Act 582
- Maryland: Maryland’s Suicide Prevention and Early Intervention Network
- Massachusetts: Suicide Prevention and Intervention Training Programs
- Mississippi: Mississippi Suicide Prevention Plan FY17-FY19
- Missouri: Online Suicide Prevention Training
- Montana: Montana Suicide Awareness & Prevention Training
- Nebraska: Suicide Awareness/Prevention for School Personnel
- New Hampshire: New Hampshire Nurses Association CNE Offerings
- New Jersey: Resources on Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying
- New Mexico: Adult Behavioral Health Programs
- New York: NYC Guide to Suicide Prevention Services and Resources
- North Carolina: Suicide Prevention & Intervention in North Carolina
- North Dakota: Youth Behavioral Health and Suicide Prevention Professional Development
- Ohio: Ohio Suicide Prevention Foundation
- Oklahoma: Prevention in Practice Training
- Oregon: Youth Suicide Intervention and Prevention Plan
- Pennsylvania: Section 1526 Suicide Awareness/Prevention Education: Guidelines and Educational Materials
- Rhode Island: PTSD Combination Models on the SAMHSA Registry
- South Dakota: Emergency Departments Resources
- Texas: Texas Department of State Health Services Suicide Prevention Training, TEA Program Provider Resources, A Suicide Prevention and Postvention Toolkit for Texas Communities
- Virginia: Training Options for Individuals Seeking Initial Licensure or Renewal of a License with an Endorsement as a School Counselor, Suicide Prevention Alliance of Northern Virginia Resources
- Washington: Youth Suicide Prevention, Intervention, and Postvention
- Wisconsin: School Health – Wellness Improves Learning for Youth (WILY)
- Wyoming: Approved Suicide Prevention Training Programs